Warning Crystal Lake Residences: Do NOT Do this with Snow Removal
Crystal Lake is no stranger to ice and snow storms and as a property owner, there are some things you should know about if you live in Crystal Lake.
The city takes pride in the beauty of the winter time, however home owners are responsible for some public clearing and driveway responsibilities if you want to not get a citation.
Some winter tips provided by the City of Crystal Lake, are:
- Snow should be cleared from fire hydrants to assist the Fire/Rescue Department.
- Pushing or blowing of snow into City streets or right-of-ways is prohibited.
- Residents are asked not to park on City streets at night. Parking is prohibited from 2:00 a.m. to 6:00 a.m.
- Snow should be shoveled to the right-hand side of the driveway (as viewed from the house) to help reduce the amount of snow pushed back into driveways
- Fringe snow pushed back into driveways cannot be avoided, as all streets must be snowplowed from curb to curb to allow for proper drainage and mailbox access.
The department responsible for snow & ice removal is the Public Works Department. It is their responsibility for the 175 center-line miles of public streets within the limits of the city of Crystal Lake. In partnership with the Illinois Department of Transportation, the city snowplows route 14 between Crystal Lake ave and Main Street, and route 176 between Walkup and Erick st.
The City is NOT responsible for snowplowing and salting of privately owned streets.
Get a FREE Quote on your Job Right Now!!
Lawn Care Services In Algonquin
Winter / Driveway Clearing / Snow Plowing
Fall / Spring Clean Up
We Service Algonquin, Lake in the Hills, Crystal Lake, Huntley, Cary, Fox River Grove, Dundee, Carpentersville, Barrington, Lake Barrington, South Barrington, Sutton, Gilberts, Village of Lakewood, Ridggefield, Prairie Grove, Island Lake, Wauconda, Illinois.